Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Specially dedicated to Raymond



Day3 (1st February 2010). Heehehhe…. Out of spike.



Yup! You heard me awight! Despite his age (of which I believe to be close to half a century :P), he is a crazy-cool-fun guy as well as a helpful colleague, and I believe a dotting father and loving husband too for sure (family pic everywhere on his desk). Just before our company year end closure (yeah! We had a mandatory leave for 2 weeks, all taken from our annual leaves!?!?!), a bunch of us gang (LH, JC, RL, FT etc) went to catch AVATAR in 3D on the first showing day! Meaning we kinda go during our working ours, heeheheee…. Nothing to do already mah… all system shut down, no emails, no follow up, regional & worldwide office on silent mode. Apa lagi, kucing tak ada, tikus menari lar yeay yeay yeay!!!

Off we go to Cineleaisure at The eCurve (apparently they've changed the name huh! With the “e“, whatever…), if I remembered it correctly we catch the 3pm show or was it 2pm… it’s a 2 hours and 50 minutes show of which am sure most of you would have know (and for those that haven’t watch, GO!!!!!!)

Ofcos, we all LOOOOOOVE the 3D effects lar, the story line was kinda normal but Pandora was AMAZING, to me - it’s like earth and sea combinedDEFINITELY fell in love with the jungle or coral jungle?!?! Hemmm… then there’s the animal, the flying “bird” or “dinosaur” look like - a cross between a snake (especially the skin) with a dinosaur. Let’s not forget the rhino cum hammer head fish with bird feathers…. That’s like combining land + sea + sky=SUPER COOL! This movie makes me kinda wanna take diving, hehehehee…..(am terrified of open water by the way, but now….hemmm… perhaps give it a try?!?)

The Hallelujah Hanging Mountain! It should definitely be classified as UNESCO site, I will go hunt it down!

All these were thought thru… I can’t say enough.

Ok! Back to our Mr. Raymond, him being a "techie guys" was thrilled with the movie and effects and everything lar… the thing is…jeng jeng jeng…. Apparently our another colleague KT watched AVATAR in Bangkok and it was IMAX 3D… meaning even COOLER & REAL"ER"- it’s like the ULTIMATE version (we were GREEN with ENVY)! Ofcos, Raymond was curious lar, and coincidentally, he have a training in Singapore of which there too have a AVATAR screening on IMAX 3D. UNFORTUNATELY.... he got to know the show time toooo late and his flight has been booked….heehheheh (evil laugh)!

You know where am heading right….?! Since I will be in Bangkok, I told him that I will DEFINITELY go catch it on IMAX (out of spike lar ofcos….MUAHAHHAHHAHA) and YES I did! Upset he was when he got to know…. (evil grin).

The feel is more terror the merror as what Malaysian would say or in English superb / fantastic. But the thing is, not the movie that impresses me most, it was Bangkok’s Cineplex.


GOODNESS GRACIOUS! It looked MUCH better then those in MALAYSIA! Am soooo embarrass, basically quote what my sis saidmacam hotel” (look like hotel). From the counter, to the service, to the lounge, to the lobby / foyer, to the restaurant EVEN the popcorn box was NICER. Sigh…. Put us to shame man! MALUUUUU!!!!

I can’t help but took dozens of pics and help to “promote” the Cineplex to my colleagues. NO! They are not giving me commission for this kind act!

As we surveyed the Cineplex area, we came to an area where they held mini concert / showcase and guess what?!?!? My sis favourite Korean band (2PM) was there few hours earlier….. Upset max! Tak pa, we take the pics ok! And then we show off to all her friends.

I did a silly thing lar ofcos (this is what happen when you wanna spike someone and have “ill” thoughts”, god will punish you lor), we smartly choosen the 8.50pm show FORGETTING that the movie ends at close to MIDNIGHT. OH NO!!!! Walking back to hotel at midnight in Bangkok - SCARED! SCARED!… we “braved” ourselves and “walked” (ran) back to hotel… guess what? It’s safe lar…. In fact, safer then KL. 2nd time MALU BESAR!

I have to say, every time I bumped into Raymond or otherwise this week, he will shake his head with “despair” (pretend only lar) and I would laugh and say “WHAT!!!!”, followed with a giggle.

Naughty! Naughty! I even tag him to AVATAR pics on my FB. (I've watched it 3 times!)

Raymond, do go to Singapore to catch AVATAR in IMAX 3D! TWO THUMBS UP!

16 comments:

TG said...

Wow, that place in Bangkok is enormous. It's like an airport, haha. I wanna watch Avatar in Taipei. We'll see how it's there, I might blog about it ;)

Lily Riani said...

mkl,

please do.... you are one lucky guydo you know that! my best friend just came back from xmas hols there and cant stop talking abt taiwan and she planned to go there yearly, in fact she said i'll fall in love with taiwan. we're planning mid this year or year end depending on our work schedule. Me too cant wait for taiwan.

envy you ofcos!!!!

Shingo T said...

Compulsory taking of leaves is evil. My company does that too during our annual shutdown.

Pandora is beautiful, but I wouldn't want to live there. Dangerous.

I like your new blog template. Very nice! ^_^

Wenny said...

Haiya Lily, banyak2 nakal lar! But anyway, just teasing only, no harm.

The cineplex there really looks COOL & ENORMOUS! I do agree our ones here don't live up at all. I've yet to watch Avatar. Think will catch it this CNY holidays before I missed all the hype.

Btw, my hubby's name's Raymond too. For awhile there, I thought ... WAH! what a small world ... got a dedication to him ah??? Kakaka!!!

Lily Riani said...

Singgo T,

Hey! You're back!!! After a long hiatus. I so agree on the mandatory leave, traveling is expensive during this period... but US is taking looooong leave for Xmas & New Year & Thanksgiving. Strangely, India & Indonesia and some other country don't observe this. Management!

I live the nice things about Pandora but not the nasty beast, too scary.

Thank you on the new template, I like it tooooooooo!

Lily Riani said...

Wenny,

Hahhahaha.... he always tease me anyways... hehehee....

Yeah lor! I thought our's should be better right, apparently not. MALU!! My co was doing free AVATAR movie for our cust & their family 3 weeks ago as the technology for rendering was using our servers.... abit proud oso lor...

Apparently, Raymond is a common name, there's 3 Raymonds on my floor, we need to mentioned surname else confuseeee.....

Happy Chinese New Year Yah!

manglish said...

tsk tsk tsk so enjoyyyyyy hahahahaha......did u like stand up b4 the movie was played there? i remember everyone had to and the national anthem was sung? happy cny

Lily Riani said...

manglish,

oh my gawd!i shud blog about that too! ahhahahhahah..... they played their national anthem and all hv to pay respect! the kwai lor find it funny and kept saying "i don't believe this"....

same thing happened when i was in ayuthaya train station, open time 8am, national anthem played, all RISE! ahahhaha.....

same same - HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!

Wenny said...

Thank you, Lily. Kalau perlu balik kampong, please drive safe yah!

Dong Dong Cang, Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Lily Riani said...

Wenny,

Thanks! Same to you. Have safe journey, a happy new year and a prosperous health & wealth year ahead.

Naina Sethi said...

I love your blog. It is so insighful ! I write for a fashion blog and think that you should follow me !
enrapturenow.blogspot.com

Your posts make me want to explore !

Lily Riani said...

Naina,

Thanks for your lovely comment, I just dropped by and yeah Love you blog. Will follow too.

fufu said...

ph paragon!! one of my favourtite shopping mall!! anyway gong xi ga cai...enjoy the holiday ok? hihihi

Liudmila said...

It's interesting, you know, I feel very tired when I visit great commercial centers with all that cinemas etc. I become claustrofobic. I want air and nature. And your photos made me the same impression.

Anonymous said...

Good post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...